Sunday, December 12, 2010

Skin History and Ways To Achieve Clearer Skin

So to clarify to you guys, I have sensitive skin. And today I just wanted to talk about the battles that I have experienced, and ways to achieve clearer skin. Firstly, I do not have perfect skin. Trust me you probably have heard that line many times before but its a fact, nobody is perfect. Each and every single person out there is different. Don't be fooled by what you see in magazines or online, it can be quite deceiving.
Each and everyone is unique and individual. Some things may work for one but then again it might not. It all comes to the factor of how well you look after your skin and how you treat it. There are people I know that I swear have the skin that most girls wishes to have, but even they tend to have skin issues or breakouts every know and then. 


The other day I was roaming around on YouTube and I came upon a comment on a skincare routine video.
"why bother with moisturisers and shit. i don't get why do people waste so much money"
When I saw the comment I was like 'are you kidding me?' Obviously that person doesn't care about their skin. Like I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but dude, that's your face we're talking about here. You only get one face, not two, one. I can't stress more than I can say, you must ALWAYS moisturise your face. Even if you think you don't need to, believe me you probably do. You must always protect your skin and by moisturising it will help lock in that moisture and maintain that look and feel of your skin.


So my skin history has always been hectic, especially a few years ago. Out of my family I think I am the one that has visited our family doctor the most.. That's quite sad really. Many people have suffered from acne at some stage of their life (usually starting in their teenage years - that's me right now :s), however for me that wasn't really the case. I don't really suffer from severe acne. Before I started using the Shiseido Pureness routine, I used to have mild acne around the areas of my t-zone.. As much as I hated it I considered myself to be pretty lucky because there are some people out there that has had it a lot worse. But now, I definitely feel that my skin has improved quite a lot from how it used to be after sticking with my skincare routine. I now only have slight acne scars from when I used to breakout.. but hopefully that would clear away sooner or later. Although my skin has improved quite a lot, it is still no way near to being perfect. Even every now and then I would have these random occasional huge pimple. Mainly in the area's of my T-Zone. In the middle of my face.. where its most noticeable.. And since I am in my teens, my hormones would be all over the place and make it worse. But its nothing I can't handle.


I guess my main problem I have with my skin is that it is pretty sensitive and a hassle to deal with. My skin will react if I am in an environment that isn't particularly the cleanest. Whenever the season changes my skin will get inflamed and itchy. Whenever I use the wrong products, oh lord, that's like getting punched in the face.. not only is my skin inflamed, red, itchy, bumpy, and hurts to touch but when I even wash my face it hurts so bad. Even with the touch of water makes it sting. Every time I get an irritation I feel depressed and I will hide myself from the public eye.. I will not go out until my skin has calmed down and even then I still feel self conscious. My skin gets irritated very easily, obviously, but after a while it will slowly disappear and then not long after I will have more troubles with my skin..You might think 'oh thats okay, I've seen people with far worse situations..' but for me this is pretty hard to deal with and is upsetting at times. And you know how everyone loves chocolate? Well guess what? I can't seem to eat much without breaking out!! I mean I love chocolate and sometimes I just can't resist the temptation but when I do, my face.. *tear* The other day I just couldn't say no, and now? The consequences have kicked me back in the face. Well more like my nose :( 


I can still go on and on about my skin, but it's going to take a lot of time and effort to share them with you guys, and thinking back to those memories is very painful.. 


So enough of talking about my issues with my skin.. On the brighter side, there are many things that you can do to help achieve clearer skin. There are many factors out there that can harm your skin and you may not even know of it. In my opinion these small matters such as hygiene contribute a major role in achieving healthier skin. Also, if you maintain a healthy and balanced diet, drink plenty of water and eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, yes you will notice the change in your skin. By sleeping enough and cleansing your face twice a day to remove the impurities it will keep your skin looking fresher and healthier. This might sound lame but by being healthy, it will show up in your skin and you will be about to see and feel the difference.


I know this post is probably not the best and it wasn't as detailed as I hoped it would be but I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm trying to say. The saying "You Are What You Eat" I suppose can relate to this. By eating healthily it will show up in your skin. So just be confident in yourself, and remember that nobody is perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I know this was posted like a year ago and you probably aren't as active on your blog anymore but it was still helpful. And it was good to hear about your own skincare history :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, my mistake! 3 years ago :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No worries at all~ thank you for finding your way here! I'm glad you liked it :)

      Though after reading this post again, I do want to particularly draw emphasis on the factor of hygiene since I didn't really go in detail as I was writing it 3yrs ago! >.<
      1.You should change your pillow cases and sheets every so often, especially if you don't shower before sleeping - build up of bacteria and impurities.
      2. Always wipe clean your phone after each use to also avoid the build up of bacteria.
      3. This one is easier said than done, try NOT to touch your face regardless of whether you think they're clean or not because they're most likely not! Even if you can't see all the impurities or whatnot.

      I'm sure there are plenty more small habits that people can fix in order to improve their overall complexion and condition of skin, but its past 12am and I can't think of anymore off the top of my head >.< but these are the top 3 that I always make sure I do, well at least try to! :)

      Once again, thank you for visiting! I really appreciate it^^

      Delete