Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review: My Beauty Diary Bird's Nest Mask

So whilst I was talking to my friend, I was thinking on what my next post should be about, then she mentioned how she wanted to try out some masks~ then I thought, that's right, masks! 

I had never tried out any masks before, not until sometime late last year, and even then I heard about the ever oh-so-famous My Beauty Diary masks that everyone hyped about. So I'm sure most of you's have heard of My Beauty Diary, if not, then pretty much what My Beauty Diary is is a very popular company in Taiwan that makes a wide variety of masks to suit different skin needs in different seasons.

From their website, they say that their selection aims to restore delicate, young and fair look to skin.

So when I was on a hunt on which mask to buy I came across the Bird's Nest one. Ever since then I have religiously stuck by with it for a good 5+ months and I haven't been more than happy with it. At first I was very hesitant in trying out masks because I scared myself into thinking, 'what if something goes wrong?' 'what if it will irritate my skin?' 'what if I breakout from it?' all these 'what ifs'. But after doing a lot of research I decided to give the Bird's Nest one a try anyway. You know those Bird Nest's soups in Asia where people drink it because it is highly raved about the health benefits it gives you? Well it is believed that the Bird's Nest mask can provide similar effects, but for the skin. I even asked my mum on what the benefits of Bird's Nest are and she said its that it's very good for you, especially the skin. Stating what I already know, ha. But here's what they say about it on Sasa







♥ Product Description 
My Beauty Diary Bird’s Nest Mask whitens, nourishes and renews the skin.
Bird’s nest extract, a precious ingredient, and corallina officinalis, the so-called “bird’s nest from the bottom of the sea”, intensely enhances skin’s moisture level, and nourishes strongly. Hydrolyzed soy and rice protein enhance skin’s defence, elasticity and transparency. They also relieve discomfort resulting from dryness.

It is suitable for normal skin. 
It is especially recommended for dry, rough and dull skin.


♥ How To Use
1. After cleansing and toning steps, tear off the package of the mask and gently place it on the face.
2. Leave on for about 20 – 30 minutes. Then remove the mask.
3. Massage the remains, if any, into the skin. Follow with normal skin care procedure.

So I absolutely love this mask, and definitely recommend this to those who have sensitive, dry skin. I use this 2 times a week and it is true to its words, this is super hydrating and each time I use it my skin feels soo good afterwards. I'm not quite sure about the whitening properties of this though, I think it is just temporary and not necessarily long-term effect. But if you continuously use this then I believe that it will keep your skin in good conditions. But be warned, there is ALOT of essence in the pack. Even after 30mins there would still be heaps of essence left on the sheet, but don't waste it you can rub the excess on your neck once you peel it off your 
face :3 Also, once you open the pack it will look like the following:






The sheet itself it pretty thin, so you have to be careful when opening up the mask because you might accidentally rip it and you don't want that to happen. But sometimes you may come across a pack where it may be wrinkled in some part or the corners would still be attached. If you do, just carefully rip it apart so you can fit it to your face properly. 

What I really love about this is when I wake up the next morning and my face feels so much softer, plumper and brighter. There is also a subtle scent to it, I don't know how to describe the smell but I can understand if people are put off with the scent. However in my opinion I don't mind it so much. I have yet to also experience anything bad from this mask, and would say that this is definitely my HG product! So I highly highly recommend! 


And if I try out any other masks, I shall give you guys a review and a comparison of the two~ But as of now I am very satisfied with this product and will most probably not be in any rush into looking at other ones. Oh, and by the way you get 10 pieces per box for I say $13-20 depending on where you get it :) 



Overall Rating ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about My Beauty Diary face masks, reading all this posts about them make me so excited~
    I ordered the Chocolate Truffle one, waiting for my order to arrive. Hopefully it would work wonders ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear~
      Yes My Beauty Diary masks are really good! ♥ I've recently tried out some new ones and I must say I don't think you can compare to them! I really want to try the Chocolate Ruffle one as well, apparently that one has very good ratings^^

      Delete